Abram Games, What a babe...... and Restless times.

 
A couple of weeks ago we went to the Restless Times Art exhibition in Sheffield and then to an Abram Games exhibit down the road from it. If I'm honest I did not enjoy the art on show at either however I did see this piece by Abram Games which I found quite cool. The way the cutlery and garden equipment blend into one another is similar to photoshop work of recent times but this was hand drawn and you can tell a hell of a lot of effort was put into it.

Mega.

This painting of ancient chalk monuments cut into the landscape was done by Eric Ravillious and is titled 'The Westbury Horse'. The chalk horse is effective as it stands out from the background but at the same time it sits there as if it was there naturally. The train in the background is also nice but the foreground is where it's at.

The trip, at first seemed mundane and a waste of time but after visiting both I found that even if I didn't enjoy the work personally I still appreciated the artistic thought behind it and influence involved. And subconsciously I must have taken some of the artwork and the techniques involved in, and they will stay with me for a long time to come. hopefully.

<3


10th November 2010
Jamarch

No comments:

Post a Comment