Blogs which intrigue me, and may or may not intrigue you.

http://apeonthemoon.com/

This is an illustration blog by Katherine Holt which features illustrative and graphic design work which I for one particularly enjoy. By the name alone I could tell I would be interested before I'd even seen the work shown. The simplistic design of the title and layout is very appealing to me as it allows the posts and images on the posts to stand out and cause more of a visual impact. The logo at the top is literally an ape. On the moon. Mind blowing to say the least.

http://www.illustrophile.com/

This blog is also an illustrative blog and I have chosen to include two as the areas that interest me most at the moment are animation and illustration. It is designed and posted in by a large group of illustrators and graphic designs and the the enthusiasm in thier posts and the work on show is what attracts me to it. I would prefer to be viewing and watching a blog in which the type and wording represents the person writing it and not just manufactured copy/pasted dribble. I like it. I like it alot.

This is a general design blog which includes Graphic design, Typography, illustration and many other forms of Art and graphics. The mellow background doesn't detract from the articles in the slightest as it is not vibrant at all and all colours on the page are neutral colours. I love the way the title is on the top right and almost becomes part of the background. And the work featured on it is very varied so when ever I go on I won't know what to expect. The element of surprise is a good one.


This is a blog which focuses on tutorials on different photoshop effects and design techniques. I am not following this blog for the layout or any posts they are making as I personally think it's bland and I dislike it. The tips featured however could keep me occupied for a very long time and I could keep referring back to it and dwell in the archives picking up how to do impressive things on photoshop.


This blog features tutorials and inspiration for general lovers of graphic design. The first thing I notice when I open it is the background and title. The fading design from the top into greyness is possibly my favorite background I have seen in the blogs I have researched. The content is very nice the majority of the time with the exception of some of the tutorials which I am not keen on however, I am following hongkiat for that purpose so if I mentally erase them on FudgeGraphics I will take in what I want to.

2nd December 2010
Jamarch


No comments:

Post a Comment