Live project proposal

The environment is something that is all around us. Something we can’t escape anywhere. It is quite literally everything we do, everywhere we go and the air that we breathe we in. Therefore research and inspiration for this project can be found simply by observing the world around us.  And litter is an immediate problem we see, so to create a poster to discourage people from littering should be relatively simple to brainstorm but relatively hard to execute, as all of us have witnessed littering and felt we should make a difference but then littered ourselves and regretted it.
To start I have decided to research into contemporary environmental artists and I have found a couple of artists who work using only natural products and I quite like the effects produced by them. One of them being Andy Goldsworthy, who makes his work in and from nature. Often he photographs the sculptures and brings them back to galleries.

I think I will experiment with the morphing of useless litter into artistic pieces that make environmental sense.  When the project officially begins I will research into more oil paintings and photo manipulated work on the matter as I enjoy working in this manner. If not, I will attempt sculpting and using natural products so it ties with the project on a more meaningful level.

20th December 2010
Jamarch

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant mate , guess whooo , poo di poo x

    ReplyDelete